A very quick and easy recipe which is 100% vegan: TUNO cakes. This dish comes around really quickly and makes for the perfect lunch. Crunchy on the outside, tender on the inside and bursting with tons of flavours! This recipe has avocado to make for the creamiest tuna cakes ever!
- 1 can Loma Linda Spring Water TUNO
- 1/2 cup mashed avocado puree
- Salt to taste
- Black pepper to taste
- 1 tbsp chopped coriander
- 1 small red onion, finely chopped
- 1 vegan egg substitute ( or egg for non-vegan recipe)
- 1/2 cup bread crumbs (can use Panko bread crumbs)
- 1 tbsp Olive Oil
- Take a mixing bowl and add all the ingredients except Olive oil and mix well.
- Refrigerate the mixture for half an hour.
- Next, spoon out the mixture and form into cakes.
- Heat up a skillet or frying pan and add in the Olive oil. Place the TUNO cakes in oil and roast on both the sides on medium heat. The TUNO cakes are done when crunchy on both sides.
- Remove on an absorbent paper to drain off excess oil.
- Serve with a side of ketchup, vegan mayo sauce or vegan tzatziki.