Perfect for a seafood-inspired lunch, TUNO Vegan Fishcakes are just as sustainable as they are tasty being topped with panko bread crumbs and full of delicious vegetables and herbs. Choose any flavour of TUNO you desire and serve with siracha mayo for an even more flavourful combination.
- 2 cans TUNO 142g (any flavour)
- 1 egg substitute (for vegetarians 1 egg)
- ¼ cup green onions
- ¼ cup vegan mayo
- 1 tsp dijon mustard
- ½-1 cup panko bread crumbs
- Fresh herbs to taste, preferably rosemary and thyme
- ½ tsp lemon juice
- Salt/pepper to taste
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 cup of oil for pan frying
Siracha Mayo (optional):
- 1-2 teaspoons Sirarcha sauce
- ¾ cup vegan mayo
- Heat oil in a skillet over medium-low heat. Meanwhile, mix remaining ingredients for the cakes, except panko, together in a bowl until combined.
- Add panko, ¼ cup at a time until mixture can be formed into patties. After patties are formed, coat each side with more panko.
- Carefully, place patties in hot oil and cook till golden brown, about 1-1.5 minutes on each side.
- Mix together ingredients for siracha mayo and serve alongside your TUNO cakes. Serve immediately.