Perfect for a seafood-inspired lunch, TUNO Vegan Fishcakes are just as sustainable as they are tasty being topped with panko bread crumbs and full of delicious vegetables and herbs. Choose any flavour of TUNO you desire and serve with siracha mayo for an even more flavourful combination.
- 2 cans TUNO 142g (any flavour)
- 1 egg substitute (for vegetarians 1 egg)
- 4 finely chopped spring onions
- 100g vegan mayo
- 1 tsp dijon mustard
- 100g – 200g panko bread crumbs
- Fresh herbs to taste, preferably rosemary and thyme
- ½ tsp lemon juice
- Salt/pepper to taste
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 120ml of oil for pan frying
Sriracha Mayo (optional):
- 1-2 teaspoons Sriracha sauce
- 75g vegan mayo
- Heat oil in a skillet over medium-low heat. Meanwhile, mix remaining ingredients for the cakes, except panko, together in a bowl until combined.
- Add panko, 50g at a time until mixture can be formed into patties. After patties are formed, coat each side with more panko.
- Carefully, place patties in hot oil and cook till golden brown, about 1-1.5 minutes on each side.
- Mix together ingredients for sriracha mayo and serve alongside your TUNO cakes. Serve immediately.